6.10.2007

Nesting Snapper Turtle June 9, 2007

Never leave the camera home. Mark, I know this was your first advise to me, but today when I stepped outside and felt the misty rain I decided to leave the camera at home rather than risk damaging the new equiptment. I slogged along the trail until I made it to the beach. There along the grass at the edge of the ranger station was this beautiful Snapper about 14" across her shell.
She was digging a nest for her eggs. I couldn't believe I had left my camera at home! I decided to finish my route and if she was still there when I came back around to the beach, I would try going home to get the camera. Sure enough she was still there, so half an hour later I was back with the camera outfitted with a ziplock baggie to protect it from the rain! It was well worth the effort as you will soon see! I will keep an eye on this nest for the next few months and maybe...













5 comments:

John Batchelder said...

Everybody is seeing nesting turtles except me!
JHB

Bawana said...

Sue say's your turtules are cleaner down there! Great Shots.

Tracy Batchelder said...

Keep an eye on that nest. I'd love to see how it progresses. Hope you get a chance to photograph the babies.

Paul Batchelder said...

Nice shots. I get comments about taking my camera in the kayak all the time and one day I will flip and it will get soaked. I refuse to worry over things that can be replaced! Enjoy!

Phil and Rachel said...

Wonderful to share in what is going on in your corner of the world! This "blog disease" must be hereditary! :) We look forward to more posts!